COVID 19 Updates
The impact of COVID-19 is felt by us all, but the vulnerable have been the hardest hit. Throughout the crisis, we have helped the families we serve beyond our historical mission and role. We have continued to match children and youth with mentors, and support those relationships. The need for Bigs, caring adults to ignite the potential of their Littles, is greater than ever.
Some notes about our current operations:
- BBBSCO continues to accept applications for Bigs & Littles.
- We are open and continuing to serve families while maintaining all public health guidelines.
- Matched Bigs & Littles are able to have in-person outings if all parties agree; matches should be following social distancing recommendations and mask requirements.
- If Bigs are video-communicating with their Littles via Facetime, Zoom, Skype etc., please ensure to do this through the parent/guardian’s device, but if that is not possible, please communicate with the parent/guardian when you will be video-communicating with your Little.
- To help support BBBSCO during this difficult time, please consider making a donation or become a monthly donor by clicking on the “Donate” tab.
- For updated community resources throughout Central Oregon, please click on the Google Documents below. En Español tambien!
En Español tambien! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dqUtxbQaB6VJMUekF5jSbBDUDUxo6zOUYIJfGDC8BoE/edit?usp=sharing https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dMNoL4BR2W-VVheAZP9a7nBGDE0B9nAyEsbFlLF35u0/edit?usp=sharing
During this pandemic, we are doing what we can to stay connected and support our matches and their families. We are still available, although some things have been put on hold. To keep you connected with your Little, check out our activities for Bigs and Littles to do together, as well as the Big Discount List.
BBBSCO ILLNESS POLICY FOR MATCH CONTACT
In the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we at Big Brothers Big Sisters want to ensure the health and wellness of our Bigs and Littles. To that end, we ask that you evaluate yourself in the following ways:
1. Are you or anyone in your home having any symptoms of illness? (Each person in the match [Big, Little, Parent/Guardian] must assess their health before direct or indirect contact is made.)
Are you feeling achy?
Fever or chills?
Lost sense of taste or smell?
2. Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or other serious communicable illness?
3. Have you or a family member been quarantined due to illness or exposure?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, please adhere to these guidelines:
1. Do not plan to participate in match outings or activities.
2. Please notify all participants in your match (Big, Parent/Guardian, Little, Match Support Specialist) of your need to cancel activities during illness or quarantine.